A delightful hall, built in 1851, with bags of history in a quiet rural environment in the north west of Gloucestershire.
The Village Hall is located on Gloucester Road, between Highleadon and Brand Green. Turn off the B4215 at Highleadon and follow it north about two and a half miles.
The hall is a no smoking building. There is a defibrillator box attached to the outside of the building.
The Village Hall used to be the Village School for infants and juniors and some of our villagers remember, with fond affection, attending it. The school, known from 1906 as Upleadon C. of E. school, was among the beneficiaries of the Lady Wedderburn Prize Fund established in 1910 to reward original work by children in the Newent area. It took voluntary aided status in 1952 and closed in 1969.